Updated Aug. 8, 2021
The State of Utah and Washington County have lifted all restrictions regarding COVID-19. As a planner you may choose to enact specific safety guidelines for your attendees.
There are things you, as an event planner, can do to assist our continued efforts to provide a safe space for your event:
- Encourage your attendees to stay home if they feel sick or have a fever.
- Assist with the creation of signs to alert attendees of hand washing & cough/sneeze guidelines.
- Complete the State of Utah’s optional COVID Planning Template prior to arrival. This helps us understand the needs of your event and helps you plan a safe experience for your group.
If requested by the planner, the Dixie Convention Center will do any or all of the following for your event:
- Aisle ways increased in meeting rooms.
- Entry door signs indicating precautions in accordance with our local health department.
- Acrylic “sneeze guards” at the Registration Desk.
- Additional masks are available for those who need them.
- Stanchions as reminders to maintain social distances.
- Public-facing employees will wear masks.
- Seating for food service at 4 or 6 to a table instead of 8. (Additional fees may be incurred.)
What we will always do:
- UV light air sanitizing behind the scenes.
- Hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the public areas.
- Visible and consistent cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces.
- Table wipe-downs every evening.
- Our caterers are well-versed in their responsibilities for their services and follow all state and local health department guidelines.