Limitation of Liability and Responsibility for Material Handling Services
1. Dixie Center Decorating Services shall not be responsible for damage to uncrated materials, materials improperly packed or concealed damage.
2. Dixie Center Decorating Services shall not be responsible for loss, theft or disappearance of exhibitor’s materials after same has been delivered to exhibitor’s booth.
3. Dixie Center Decorating Services shall not be responsible for loss, theft or disappearance of materials before they are picked up from exhibitor’s booth for reloading after the show. Bills of lading covering outgoing shipments, which are furnished by Dixie Center Decorating Services to exhibitors, will be checked at time of actual pick-up from the booth and corrections made where discrepancies occur.
4. Dixie Center Decorating Services shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or delay due to fire, Acts of God, strikes, lockouts or work stoppages of any kind or to any cause beyond its control.
5. Dixie Center Decorating Services Liability shall be limited to the physical loss of or damage to the specific article which is lost or damaged, and in any event Dixie Center Decorating Services maximum liability shall be limited to $.30 per pound per article with a maximum liability of $50.00 per item, or $1,000.00 per shipment, whichever is less.
6. Dixie Center Decorating Services shall not be liable to any extent whatsoever for any actual, potential or assumed loss of profits or revenues, or for any collateral costs, which may result form any loss of damage to an exhibitor’s materials which may make it impossible or impractical to exhibit same.
7. Claims for loss or damage must be submitted to Dixie Center Decorating Services prior to the close of the show. No suit or action shall be brought against Dixie Center Decorating Services. More than one year after the accrual of the cause of action.
8. INSURANCE – It is understood that Dixie Center Decorating Services is not an insurer, that insurance, if any, should be obtained by the exhibitor. It is suggested that exhibitors arrange all risk coverage. This can be done by endorsements to existing policies. Exhibitor’s materials should be insured from the time they leave their firm until they are returned after the close of the Show.
9. The consignment or delivery of a shipment to Dixie Center Decorating Services by an exhibitor, or by any shipper to or on behalf of the exhibitor, shall be construed as an acceptance by such exhibitor (and/or other shipper) of the terms and conditions set forth.
10. Empty container labels will be available at the Dixie Center Decorating Services Service Desk. Affixing the labels is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor or his representative. All previous labels should be removed or obliterated. Dixie Center Decorating Services assumes no responsibility for:
- Error to above procedures.
- Removal of containers with old empty labels and with Dixie Center Decanting labels.
- Improper information on empty labels.
- Materials stored in containers with empty label.